Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Unexpected requests


While I was out shopping last night, Amanda had phoned to ask if she could bring anything today. She was probably a little surprised when I later texted and asked her to bring a hoover! Good friend that she is, Amanda and hoover arrived this morning and order was restored to my carpets before Janet and Caroline saw the mess! Thankfully the repairman also arrived and mine is now behaving once more. A good friend is certainly one who obliges with the most unexpected requests!

It's important on a Tuesday to keep the kettle boiled and the tea flowing so I did just that while the girls settled in armchairs with various hand-sewing projects. Of course tea would be too wet without a little something so I also had a good supply of cookies.





Amanda's BOM - such tiny stitches for the applique. This will be a beautiful block.









I love Caroline's quilting - lovely even stitches












Janet is hand sewing these blocks. We were trying to date the fabric as it has been in Janet's possession a little while!








As soon as the repairman left, having found room to sample some of the cookies, lunch was served.
A healthier option than those consumed earlier!


Future projects were discussed after lunch and Caroline had brought a selection of fabrics for a project featured on the cover of her magazine .. stunning colours!

The magazine is available in WHSmith if you'd like a closer look.

My sewing is somewhat reduced as I'm suffering with tennis elbow but I was kept busy refilling and refuelling everyone. Alison is visiting her mother in Scotland but hopefully we will all be at Amanda's next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment