Friday, January 10, 2014

From a very wet Hampshire


Tuesday this week was the first of our monthly get togethers. I had hoped to get there but with the unseasonal amounts of rain we have had, our roads had a tremendous amount of water standing and as it was still lashing with rain with the odd streak of lightning and clap of thunder, I judged it not to be very sensible to drive up to Surrey today. Sorry no photo of the rain coursing down - it would be too depressing!

As I had 'booked' the day for sewing, I decided that I would still sew, I just didn't have the chance to catch up with everyone news. I also thought that I would put in a mini blog entry to let you know what I was up to.

After coffee, some traditions have to be maintained! I started off with some simple piecing on some foundation pieced pineapple blocks. These have been lurking as a UFO for a very long time and are on the list of things to be completed this year. The fabrics are a real mix of very old scraps, it was lovely to see them and remember what project they had been from.



After lunch I moved onto a little appliqué, Petunia Block from the Evening Bloom quilt by Blackbird Designs. it was all prepped ready so easy to get to get sewing. This was another project that has to be on the finish list for this year at least up to flimsy stage.

 Well it was soon time for a cup of tea and what better thing to do but sit down with a bit of hand quilting in front of the fire with a cup of tea and piece of cake.
Overall a very pleasant day but it was definitely quieter than the gathering in Surrey would be I am sure. I look forward to reading the main entry to find out what everyone else was up to.

Hope everybody is managing to stay dry.

1 comment: